At SBS, we pride ourselves on making Australia a more cohesive society every day. We embrace difference and thrive on diversity like no other media company. We have developed a reputation as one of the world’s most respected broadcasters with a dynamic team of forward thinkers, and now we’re looking for fresh talent to join us.
The Audio and Language Content team is seeking an experienced digital journalist to join us in the position of Digital Content Producer for the Arabic24 channel. Arabic24 is SBS’ flagship 24 hour digital and audio service, delivering the latest Australian and international news, information and analysis to Arabic-speaking Australians.
About the role
Reporting to the Executive Producer, Program Manager and working with the current Digital Content Producer and Digital Managing Editor, the role is to develop and deliver multimedia content for Arabic24 platforms: web and social, and to work with the team to amplify audio content and produce news content.
More specifically, the duties include:
- Source leads and produces daily online news content and assist in managing distribution of team content across the programs to meet KPIs.
- Plan and manage digital content campaigns for key events. Generate, develop and foster content ideas for the relevant platform and the Arabic audience.
- Drive Arabic24’s daily social media strategy. Plan and assist staff to execute social content campaigns to build Arabic24’s social community.
- Produce multimedia content including: live video, video, interactive content using 3rd party apps and more.
- Work with the Online and Content teams to identify, develop and amplify SBS network priorities and exclusive content across all Arabic24 platforms.
Please refer to the Job Description attached for further information about the role
We are looking for someone with advanced editorial skills and experience in a digital journalism/production role.
More specifically, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in digital journalism/production, including the production and presentation of multiplatform content (video, online, social media) and ability to compile and subedit news, sport and current affairs from a variety of sources.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Arabic and a rich understanding of the Arabic community in Australia.
- Advanced digital skills using a CMS and production tools: Photoshop, Video production and editing software and audio editing software preferred, as well as an advanced knowledge of SEO.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, meet strict deadlines and problem-solve.
- Demonstrated ability to be a star collaborator and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Fantastic culture
- Onsite health and wellbeing programs
- Free gym membership and an active social club
- Being part of an organisation dedicated to making a positive social difference
- Possibility to be based either in Sydney or Melbourne bureau