Reporting to the Head of Publicity, the Communications Specialist will implement communications campaigns across SBS channels including but not limited to SBS, SBS VICELAND, Food Network, SBS On Demand for a variety of programs, personalities and services.
About the role
- Devise, plan, implement and manage publicity campaigns and activities to successfully promote SBS programs, talent and services across SBS, SBS VICELAND, SBS On Demand and Food Network.
- Write succinct, accurate and compelling copy in accordance with communications plans to successfully promote SBS programs, talent and services including story pitches, messaging guidelines, press releases, Q&As and media kits.
- Research, identify and use new channels and outlets for communications and promotion activities to strengthen the creativity and effectiveness of campaigns.
- Provide briefings and advice to on-screen talent and SBS executives/ external producers for media interviews and events.
- Help manage day-to-day media inquiries, special projects, and events.
- Develop and maintain close productive relationships with multiple key stakeholders (internal and external) including SBS executives, talent, agents, media, bloggers, producers and journalists.
- Produce effective and relevant evaluation reports for priority campaigns.
You will need 4 - 8 years’ experience implementing effective publicity and communications campaigns – using a wide variety of media channels including traditional publicity, social media, events and other channels. You will have an established network of media contacts and a broad general knowledge of SBS content as well as broad and demonstrated understanding of news issues, social themes and television industry trends. Experience managing talent is preferred.
You’ll be a highly effective writer and communicator with excellent stakeholder management skills. Your outstanding organisational skills will be displayed as you coordinate numerous projects simultaneously whilst ensuring deadlines are met.
You'll be ready for your next big challenge and come equipped with:
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and implementing communications and publicity campaigns across multiple channels.
- Previous experience in media, broadcast or entertainment industry.
- Well-developed writing skills with demonstrated experience writing effective communications for programs and services.
- Ability to think, plan and execute activities on multiple projects simultaneously in an organised fashion.
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Broad and demonstrated knowledge and understanding of content relating to SBS, SBS VICELAND, Food Network and SBS On Demand
- A good relationship with key media.
In return, we offer a fantastic culture, great team that gets things done but knows to have fun! We also have a well-being program, free onsite parking (depending on availability), free gym membership and many more initiatives!