At SBS, we’re more than journalists, technical engineers, marketing specialists and legal advisers. We’re a group of talented individuals with a shared goal of innovation, integrity and inclusiveness. SBS developed a reputation as one of the world’s respected broadcasters with a dynamic team of forward thinkers and diverse voices, and now we’re looking for fresh talent to join us.
The SBS Media Sales team is looking for a passionate Media Sales Coordinator who wants to learn the ins and outs of media sales in a supporting role.
About the role
Suitable for a candidate that would like a career in Media Sales, the successful candidate will provide sales, administrative support and campaign coordination for the media sales team.
The duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide general support to the sales team: this goes from basic administrative duties to creating sales schedules for TV and Digital; assisting in putting together sales proposals, presentations and documents for clients or preparing weekly revenue reports.
- Manage TV and Online sales bookings, liaise with clients and media agencies regarding bookings, schedule times and maintain appropriate files/records.
- Monitor digital inventory, develop media schedules, respond to client briefs in consultation with the Sales Executive, online campaign reporting and sourcing online creative.
- Provide sales support to the general sales team when required including attending meetings, maintaining client databases, identifying revenue opportunities within the advertising schedules.
We are looking for a team player who is proactive and has a can do attitude. Ideally the candidate will be able to work autonomously as well as in a team. Ideally, you would have:
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and be keen to learn new software packages.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite to prepare general correspondence, sales presentations, reports and spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication skills and good attention to detail (a must).
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, with a polite yet confident demeanour.
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities to meet set targets/outcomes.
- Well-developed customer service skills, with the ability to be flexible and uphold these in a demanding deadline driven environment.
- A tertiary education is preferred but not necessary.
In return, we offer a fantastic culture, great learning and development opportunities and other benefits such as free gym membership, free onsite parking (subject to availability). If you want to kick off your career in Sales and be part of an organisation dedicated to making a positive social difference, please apply!