There’s a reason people work at SBS. SBS is one of the world’s most unique media organisations. We celebrate and explore diversity and contribute to social cohesion, enriching the lives of all Australians through meaningful and engaging content. It’s because of this that SBS has developed a reputation as one of the world’s most respected broadcasters with a dynamic team of forward thinkers and diverse voices… and we’re now looking for fresh talent to join us!
About the Role
This role is a maternity leave cover for 12-15 months.
As a member of the Project Management Office (PMO), the PMO Specialist provides strategic and tactical support across the Technology portfolio. The primary purpose is to implement, improve, and maintain PMO processes, practices, and templates in order to support operational performance, whilst helping to drive capability and maturity uplift across the PMO team.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Working closely with the PMO Manager to understand current challenges and assist with developing and implementing innovative solutions for PMO and the Technology division
- Provide coaching, support, and Project Assurance by working with Portfolio Managers and Project Managers to ensure a high quality output and timely compliance of reporting and documentation
- Identify and pursue opportunities for improvement of current Project Management Office operations and processes, as well as those of other Technology departments as required
- Continue to develop and implement templates, tools and techniques for the PMO and Technology Division
- Draft, coordinate and review Executive and Board level reports and updates
- Coordinate monthly Project Review Boards
- Manage and maintain PPM Tool (Project Online / SharePoint / Power BI)
Other tasks/responsibilities may include:
- Development and maintenance of relationships with key internal stakeholders and any external parties that may support delivery of Technology portfolio
- Delivery of ad hoc training, as required, for the PMO team and/or relevant Technology stakeholders
- Provision of expert advice, support and assurance to project delivery (e.g. facilitating Project Kick off meetings, PIRs, and other meetings)
- Develop and conduct induction and training for new PMO staff
- Facilitation, capture and dissemination of lesson learned, including any ensuing action plans
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- Project management knowledge and experience
- Experience in providing oversight, guidance, advice, and review and analysis for project assurance
- Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to identify, analyse and form solutions to complex problems
- Outstanding written and communication skills
- Expert use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Project
- Experience in configuring and administering SharePoint, MS Project Online and Power BI
- Formal industry training in Project Management and Microsoft suite of enterprise products is highly desirable
You will also be expected to:
- Demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic understanding of SBS’s Purpose and Values and a commitment to a safe, secure and diverse workplace.
- Role model SBS’s values and develop a positive business-focused culture through:
- Fostering a positive, healthy and proactive workplace;
- Effectively communicating and building relationships; and
- Building effective teams by developing people, teamwork and encouraging performance and business results
In return, you can expect an incredibly supportive environment within a dynamic media organisation with additional benefits such as free onsite parking (subject to availability), free gym access, retail discounts at select stores and many other perks.
If you are a team player who likes to make a difference and is looking to take an exciting next step in your career we would love to hear from you.