SBS is one of the world’s most unique media organisations; through our purpose to celebrate and explore diversity, and contribute to a fair and cohesive society, we enrich the lives of all Australians through meaningful and engaging content. We offer innovative and flexible work practices, a great culture and other benefits.
We’re now looking for a Payroll Officer to be responsible for inputs, checks and calculations for the organisation’s payroll. Working as part of our People and Culture (HR) team, as well as the organisations outsourced payroll provider, this role will ensure information in the payroll is up to date and accurate at all times.
This role is a full time role and core business hours are 0900 – 1600. There is however the potential for flexible work arrangements including alternative start / finish times or structured work from home arrangements.
About the role
The role sits as part of a shared services offering to the business level 1 support & guidance. The role will cover the full spectrum of pay related queries, EA interpretation, policy advice, employee entitlements & other legislation advice with an emphasis on providing exceptional customer service.
- Commence and maintain staff details in the payroll system to ensure correct payment of salary and entitlements.
- Calculate and process termination payments for exiting employees.
- Perform all necessary payroll checks and controls.
- Provide payroll support to P&C Business Partners & P&C Consultants on interpretation & calculation of allowances, redundancies and other payroll related queries including tax rules and implications.
- Provide advice to Managers, Schedulers and Employees, relating to rostering, superannuation and entitlements ensuring adherence to SBS policies and obligations.
- Contribute to continual improvement for process and procedures within the team.
- 3+ year’s payroll experience in a complex organisation
- Experience adapting to a complex and continually changing environment
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Aurion payroll experience favourable but not essential
- Exceptional attention to detail & strong customer service focus
- Strong communication skills both verbal & written.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic understanding of SBS’s purpose and values and a commitment to a safe, secure and diverse workplace.
- Outstanding organisational culture
- Free gym membership
- Onsite child care, depending on availability
- Onsite parking, offered on a first come, first serve basis.
- Artarmon location, courtesy shuttle bus to St Leonards
Apply today by submitting your resume and covering letter explaining why you're suited to he role and what you can bring to the SBS team.