At SBS, we’re more than journalists, technical engineers, marketing specialists and legal advisers. We’re a group of talented individuals with a shared goal of innovation, integrity and inclusiveness. SBS developed a reputation as one of the world’s respected broadcasters with a dynamic team of forward thinkers and diverse voices, and now we’re looking for fresh talent to join us.
SBS is currently looking for a Senior Motion Graphic Designer to join the Creative Team in Marketing.
About the role
As a senior member of SBS’s Design team, this position is responsible for producing graphic design suitable for broadcast & digital creative in a way that reflects SBS’s Charter, Vision and Values, fosters a positive and proactive work environment, and complies with SBS’s policies, procedures and practices.
The main tasks/responsibilities include:
- Receive, discuss and agree upon brief from the Creative Lead and Producers on Design suitable for broadcast, print and digital.
- Conceive and execute Design work to the highest professional standards, keeping in-line with SBS’s overall Marketing strategy.
- Keep up to date with industry developments and technological innovations, demonstrating expertise in applicable platforms and tools to incorporate, adapt and apply changes within SBS to ensure Design is of the highest standards.
- Communicate effectively with peers as a senior member of the SBS Design team, contributing in a positive and energetic manner.
- Keep file and font management up-to-date.
- Mentor and guide Graphic Designers, assisting in developing their skills in Design, in line with industry developments.
We are looking for a team player who has the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and staff. In addition to well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, you will have:
- High-level professional skills in graphic design, with a focus on Motion, with demonstrated artistic talent and creativity.
- Demonstrated advanced level expertise in After Effects and Adobe Photoshop. In-Design and Illustrator skills would be highly regarded.
- Recent experience & expertise with digital CMP’s
- Demonstrated 3D animation skills are necessary, ideally 3 years of experience
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in an agency, television or post-production environment.
- Up-to-date knowledge and expertise in industry marketing trends, evidenced expertise in successful execution of new technology innovations, and ability to adapt as necessary.
- Proven experience delivering products to satisfy briefs within allocated deadlines.
In return, we offer a fantastic culture, great learning and development opportunities and other benefits such as free onsite parking (subject to availability) and free gym membership. Diversity and inclusion are at the core of what we do here at SBS and we want you to bring your whole self to work. If you want to be part of an organization dedicated to making a positive social difference, please apply now!