At SBS, we pride ourselves to make Australia a more cohesive society every day and we embrace difference and thrive diversity like no other media company. We have developed a reputation as one of the world's respected broadcasters with a dynamic team of forward thinkers, and now we are looking for fresh talent to join us.
The Corporate Affairs team is current looking for an enthusiastic Event and Project Logistic Coordinator. This role will traverse diverse work streams including the Board, Government Relations, Community Engagement, Indigenous Relations and Content Outreach - united by the common theme of 'Connecting SBS' to all key stakeholders and partners.
This role includes a range of various duties, from administrative work ( such as booking any travel requirements, reimbursements, event caterers, photographers, venues and transportation services) to more complex tasks such as designing processes improvement across the division or researching and negotiating with existing/new vendors.
About the role
You will be required to assist the Corporate Affairs Team with a number of ongoing projects and events. In this role, you would:
- Coordinate event planning – research event vendors including catering, photographers, venue, transportation, and negotiate with existing partner vendors
- Co-ordinate the day-to-day organisation, planning and activities of upcoming events
- Manage travel bookings, complex event schedules and track expenses.
- Provide a high level of service over the phone, face to face and through written communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain key high level internal/external stakeholder relationships
- Assist administration staff with the processing of invoices, payments and internal administrative reports
- Assist with the development of budgets
- Work with the Corporate Affairs team to ensure work is completed to a high and consistent quality and meet set deadlines
We are looking for someone with previous experience in events, creative but also ready to roll up their sleeves to work on quite a large amount of basic administrative duties. This role could be suitable for an event coordinator who is willing to step up and work for an organisation with a sense of purpose. As this is a new role, you would be able to make it your own an build your own processes to support the team. Ideally, you would have:
- Previous experience in organising and coordinating events
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in process design and improvement
- Demonstrated ability to manage a project from the initial briefing stages through to completion, including sourcing venues, coordinating travel and compiling event run sheets to post event feedback and analysis.
- Superior time management skills
- Be creative and love problem solving
- Excellent communication skills and negotiation abilities
- Marketing or hospitality management qualifications desirable
- Possibility of flexible working arrangements
- Fantastic culture and opportunity to learn from an engaged and passionate team
- Onsite health and wellbeing programs (weekly yoga classes, massages)
- Free onsite parking (depending on availability) , onsite childcare facilities, free gym membership, retail discounts at a variety of chain stores, and an active social club
- Being part of an organisation dedicated to making a positive social difference.
If that sound like you, please apply!