At SBS, we’re more than journalists, technical engineers, marketing specialists and legal advisers. We’re a group of talented individuals with a shared goal of innovation, integrity and inclusiveness. SBS developed a reputation as one of the world’s respected broadcasters with a dynamic team of forward thinkers and diverse voices, and now we’re looking for fresh talent to join us.
The Finance team is currently looking for an enthusiastic Senior Financial Accountant. This role requires excellent communications skills, being able to build relationships across the business and within the team, on top of having strong analytical skills.
About the role
This is a team leader role with two direct reports and a key position that ensures that accounting/financial policies and procedures are up to date, continuously improved and communicated well across the entire organisation. The duties include but are not limited to:
- Liaise effectively with all areas of the finance function but also all other Divisions and Cost Centres to advise on SBS accounting procedures and policies to achieve corporate objectives.
- Lead and coach the Financial Accountant and Assistant Accountant with an emphasis on delivering timely quality and client-focused outcomes.
- Contribute to the development of Oracle through improved reporting.
- Prepare ad hoc reports including financial analysis, using financial models-spread sheets and other analytical tools, as requested
- Supervise (and where required prepare) statutory and monthly financial Statements, including ad hoc management reports
- Assist in ensuring that SBS fulfils its Corporate Governance responsibilities.
- Prepare accounting and Audit and Risk Committee papers as required.
- Assist in the year end audit planning.
- Assist in maintaining the integrity of SBS’s Oracle, including payroll and other reconciliations.
- Prepare responses to internal and external auditors and make recommendations for remedial action where necessary.
We are looking for someone who is an excellent communicator with technical skills and who can be a mentor for the more junior accountants. Ideally, you would have:
- A thorough understanding of accounting standards principles but also budgeting within the Commonwealth Government’s budgetary and reporting framework.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in an integrated computerised Financial Management Information System (preferably Oracle Financials) and advanced spreadsheet skills.
- Well-developed analytical skills and demonstrated problem solving skills.
- High level of accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Produce timely and accurate work in a client focused environment.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work effectively in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated team leadership capability, including the management of individuals through a performance focused process, using organisationally aligned goals.
In return, we offer a fantastic culture with great learning opportunities, onsite health and wellbeing programs, free onsite parking, free gym membership and an active social club! If you like what you are reading, we would love to hear from you