At SBS, we embrace difference and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We also acknowledge the unique contribution that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples make to our society and our workplace through their enduring and continued connection to land, sea, sky and community.
SBS is one of the world's most unique and innovative media organisations, producing trusted, meaningful and engaging content that exists for all Australians to inspire, support and celebrate the diversity of our multicultural society.
Our purpose, for the last 40 years, has reflected and explored the evolving diversity of Australia, investing in initiatives to deepen its connections with communities, sharing their stories and giving a voice to those often unheard, with the aim of increasing understanding and respect of the differences that make up Australia.
SBS is a truly distinctive network, showcasing multicultural, multilingual and First Nations stories otherwise untold in the Australian media.
The SBS Social Media Team (part of SBS Marketing) has a mission: to grow enthusiasm for SBS content, increase consumption of our key digital properties and inspire Australians to explore, respect and celebrate our diverse world.
About the role
- Primarily dedicated to community management on social media, from moderation and risk management to planning proactive audience engagement and gathering UGC.
- Responsive to daily editorial and audience needs
- Includes some content production and account administration to support team objectives (eg: scheduling posts, producing/repurposing content, generating reports, helping with user management and security).
- Manages Social Media Moderator role and external relationships with providers.
- Works closely with social media team members to deliver the best experiences to social media audiences and support team goals while keeping things running smoothly.
- Also in touch with broader Marketing and social staff across the business to support campaign goals and ensure operational excellence in all parts of the business.
- It is a requirement of this role that incumbents are vaccinated with at least two doses of an approved Covid-19 vaccination. We do however have a medical exemption process and we would be happy to discuss your application should this be applicable to you.
As the Social Media Community Specialist you’ll be an organised, motivated self-starter with a deep knowledge of what makes social audiences tick.
- Demonstrated and proven experience in digital media editorial (preferably in broadcast) and social media management (ideally with a national audience)
- Demonstrated experience in online moderation, community management, and social media measurement (eg: Sprout Social, Crowdtangle or similar)
- Experience in copywriting / journalism / editing, strong knowledge of popular culture, Australian media law, and some knowledge of web publishing technologies (CMS, HTML)
- People / project management experience, with outstanding organisation and prioritisation skills. Able to work with minimal supervision and with limited resources to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to work to strict editorial guidelines, tight deadlines, as well as manage long-term projects with an excellent eye for detail.
- Content production skills, with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva video and image editing.
- Good understanding of SBS editorial policies, UGC, cross-platform content repurposing, social media best practice. digital industry trends, marketing communications practices, and audience engagement / growth tactics..
- This role requires a dedicated team player with strong capabilities in communication, planning, flexibility, collaboration, relationship-building, knowledge-building, initiative, results & customer focus, time management, and risk management.
Some of the reasons to consider working with us
- The people! We truly celebrate and welcome difference at SBS and encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work â you’ll be part of one of the most inclusive companies in Australia!
- The culture and the engagement of our workforce! 93% of our employees have stated that they are proud to work for SBS!
- We offer a range of benefits; from flexible work arrangements, health checks, salary packaging, an employee assistance program and for our Sydney based employees, free gym membership and parking (subject to availability).
- We’re agile and innovative in the way we work, as well as being a trusted and established brand. At SBS we have been broadcasting for over 40 years and our future is packed with many more exciting developments!
- We also love to promote from within! We have allocated training funds to do just that and help bridge the gaps when moving from role to role.
Want to learn more? Then hit apply and take the first step to applying not just for another job but a possible whole new career in a purpose led organisation!
Not quite the right role for you? No problem, how about popping your details into our talent pool? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what roles would be of interest to you and we will keep you informed of when they arise! (If you no longer want to be listed in our talent pool, then just email to let us know and we will remove your detail).
For other opportunities within our organisation please visit our careers website SBS Careers - Working at SBS
SBS recognises that everyone is unique, and you might require some adjustments to ensure you have the best opportunity to apply and put your skills forward for consideration. If we can make some adjustments to the SBS recruitment/interview process to better enable you to shine, then please contact email@example.com and let us know.
Adjustments may include but are not limited to; alternative application methods, interview setups, physical requirements, guidance for trans or gender diverse applicants, specific interview availability times and more.
We are shortlisting applications as they come in, so don’t delay apply today!