NITV is an Indigenous-led channel that holds a special and unique place in the Australian Media Landscape. The team fosters a collaborative and supportive work environment and is passionate about the growth of Indigenous stories and story tellers. We're now looking for a coordinator to join the team!
About the Role
As a member of the NITV Commissions team, you will be responsible for administration, record keeping and liaising with the film sector in a way that reflects our Charter, Vision and Values.
Under the direction of the NITV Senior Commissioning Editor and in collaboration with Commissions’ team you will;
- Manage the annual funding schedule of Commissions funding programs.
- Liaise with applicants during assessment period as required.
- Co-coordinate internal assessments of project submissions including assessing a range of projects and making recommendations to the Commissioning team on their suitability for NITV.
- Communicate outcomes of decision meetings through inter-departmental decision memos, board reports, block lines and website updates; and co-ordinating notification of outcomes to all assessed applicants in conjunction with Commissioning Editors.
- Work in a proactive and collaborative manner, continually striving for excellence.
Ideally, you'll have;
- Administration, record keeping skills.
- An interest in people.
- Experience in film, television and digital.
- Excellent attention detail, and file management procedures for digital files.
- Experience with managing and prioritising projects to meet deadlines in a busy and demanding broadcast environment.
- Great communication skills! Sharing knowledge is important in this team.
- An understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
- An understanding of Indigenous Cultural Protocol and an ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
At SBS, it’s not just what you do but how you do it. We’re looking for people who share our passion and hold our strong values, diverse workforce and inclusive culture.
We want you to love your place of work, so not only are you part of an organisation focused on making a positive social difference, but there’s also free onsite parking (subject to availability) , free gym membership, retail discounts at a variety of chains, and an active social club.
If this sounds like you and something you would be interested in, then we would love to hear from you.