At SBS, we pride ourselves to make Australia a more cohesive society every day. We embrace difference and thrive in diversity like no other media company. We have developed a reputation as one of the world’s respected broadcasters with a dynamic team of forward thinkers, and now we’re looking for fresh talent to join us.
The Audio and Language Content team is seeking an experienced part-time journalist to join us in the position of Executive Producer of the Dutch language program. You could either be working from our Melbourne or our Sydney office. Audio and Language Content produces the most linguistically diverse public broadcasting in the world, providing Australian-focused news and information in 68 languages across live radio and digital platforms.
About the role
Reporting to the Program Manager, the role of Executive Producer is to develop and deliver the editorial strategy for the Dutch language group. This includes the production and delivery of distinctive and innovative multi-platform content for the Dutch language program.
More specifically, the duties include:
- Plan, prepare, assess, research, write, produce, sub-edit, translate and/or script audio and online content for presentation/publication
- Generate, develop and foster content ideas for the relevant platform and language audience
- Establish, develop and maintain appropriate contact with correspondents (stringers and contributors) and other relevant stakeholders
- Develop and co-ordinate the work of casual staff
- Maintain program administration including budget management, rostering, contributor contracts and program archiving
- Undertake professional development and training as required
We are looking for someone with advanced communication skills and proven experience in journalism and/or media broadcasting. More specifically, you would have:
- Demonstrated experience in professional broadcast journalism including the production and presentation of multiplatform content (radio, online, social media) and ability to write, compile and present news, sport and current affairs from a variety of sources
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Dutch, including clear broadcast delivery. Candidates will be required to undergo a language assessment to demonstrate their proficiency in the Dutch language.
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel, email and digital audio editing/production software
- Good administrative abilities including accuracy, numeracy, organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines and pursue a task to completion
- Proven ability to work under pressure, meet strict deadlines and problem-solve.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of the Dutch speaking community in Australia.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders.
In return, we offer a fantastic culture with great learning opportunities, onsite health and wellbeing programs, free gym membership and an active social club.