At SBS, we’re more than journalists, technical engineers, marketing specialists and legal advisers. We’re a group of talented individuals with a shared goal of innovation, integrity and inclusiveness. SBS developed a reputation as one of the world’s respected broadcasters with a dynamic team of forward thinkers and diverse voices, and now we’re looking for fresh talent to join us.
The SBS Media Sales team is looking for a passionate Media Sales Coordinator who wants to learn the ins and outs of media sales in a supporting role.
About the role
Suitable for a candidate that would like a career in Media Sales, the successful candidate will provide sales, administrative support and campaign coordination for the media sales team.
The duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide general support to the sales team: this goes from basic administrative duties to creating sales schedules for TV and Digital; assisting in putting together sales proposals, presentations and documents for clients or preparing weekly revenue reports.
- Manage TV and Online sales bookings, liaise with clients and media agencies regarding bookings, schedule times and maintain appropriate files/records.
- Monitor digital inventory, develop media schedules, respond to client briefs in consultation with the Sales Executive, online campaign reporting and sourcing online creative.
- Provide sales support to the general sales team when required including attending meetings, maintaining client databases, identifying revenue opportunities within the advertising schedules.
We are looking for a team player who is proactive and has a can do attitude. Ideally the candidate will be able to work autonomously as well as in a team. Ideally, you would have:
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and be keen to learn new software packages.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite to prepare general correspondence, sales presentations, reports and spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication skills and good attention to detail (a must).
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, with a polite yet confident demeanour.
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities to meet set targets/outcomes.
- Well-developed customer service skills, with the ability to be flexible and uphold these in a demanding deadline driven environment.
- A tertiary education is preferred but not necessary.
In return, we offer a fantastic culture, great learning and development opportunities and other benefits such as a free gym membership. If you want to kick off your career in Sales and be part of an organization dedicated to making a positive social difference, please apply!