- Kick off your career in Sales
- Work for a fantastic media organisation that wants to make a difference
- SBS Sydney Office - Artarmon
At SBS, we’re more than journalists, technical engineers, marketing specialists and legal advisers. We’re a group of talented individuals with a shared goal of innovation, integrity and inclusiveness. SBS developed a reputation as one of the world’s respected broadcasters with a dynamic team of forward thinkers and diverse voices, and now we’re looking for fresh talent to join us.
The SBS Media Sales Operations team is looking for a passionate Sales Operations Senior Sponsorship Executive who wants to learn the ins and outs of media sales in a supporting role.
About the role
Suitable for a candidate that would like a career in Media Sales, the successful candidate will provide sales, administrative support and material coordination for the media sales team. The duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide general support to the sales team: this goes from basic administrative duties to creating sales sponsorship schedules for TV; assisting in putting together sponsorship bookings, placements and scheduling guides.
- Liaise with Sales representatives nation-wide and government departments regarding bookings and pre/post times and maintain appropriate files/records.
- Monitor inventory, develop sponsorship calendars and work in a fantastic team to create an error free on-air environment.
- Exciting projects include 2018 World Cup, Eurovision, Tour De France, Mardi Gras and new SBS commissions.
We are looking for a team player who is proactive and has a can do attitude. Ideally the candidate will be able to work autonomously as well as in a team. Ideally, you would have:
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and be keen to learn new software packages.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite to prepare general correspondence, sales presentations, reports and spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication skills and good attention to detail (a must).
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, with a polite yet confident demeanour.
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities to meet set targets/outcomes.
- Well-developed customer service skills, with the ability to be flexible and uphold these in a demanding deadline driven environment.
- A tertiary education is preferred but not necessary.
In return, we offer a fantastic culture, great learning and development opportunities and other benefits such as free gym membership, free onsite parking (subject on availability). If you want to kick of your career in Sales be part of an organization dedicated to making a positive social difference, please apply!
Applications close Monday 9 October.