SBS is one of the most unique content businesses in the world, streaming online and broadcasting in over 60 languages via branded channels and products such as SBS News, SBS On Demand, National Indigenous Television, SBS World Movies, SBS Sport, SBS Food, SBS Radio and SBS Viceland.
About the role
Join a small, dedicated, and supportive team of marketing professionals servicing highly engaged, opted-in subscribers eager to stay connected with upcoming content, news, and events, through email. Most use web, mobile, and other device apps, to interact with SBS content.
In this 12-month, full time opportunity with us at SBS you would come onboard as an experienced email campaigner, helping us make use of industry leading, Marketing Automation, curating and developing existing programs. You will grow your portfolio of successes, and then begin work on some exciting, new, ‘next-level’ campaigns!
As an experienced applicant, you are:
- Accomplished at implementing, testing and orchestrating campaign workflows, segmentation, optimisation, tracking, and metrics.
- Able to troubleshoot campaign logic (such as segmentations and workflows) to resolve reporting discrepancies, overcome delivery challenges, and maintain on-time delivery of campaigns.
- Familiar with extracting data from varied sources, transforming it using common text and data manipulation tools to match target schemas.
- Happy helping others identify key campaign objectives, communicate Marketing Automation concepts, and making recommendations for improvement.
- At home writing functional/technical specifications: E.g., Shared campaign briefs, training and operational documentation.
Your technical expertise will include:
- Upward of two years working with, or in, an Agency (or dedicated marketing team).
- Maintaining the Marketing Campaign lifecycle. This might include:
Building and enhancing campaign calendars, planning, design, set up emails, offers, forms, competitions, surveys, segmentation, response management, multi-channel campaigns.
- Extracting insight from campaign metrics to implement and track improvements.
- Analyse data to create segmentations and workflows to enhance personalisation, campaign performance and customer journey.
- Coding and editing HTML templates and dynamic data, testing your work in rendering tools, such as Litmus.
- Sharing your knowledge and collaborating with others.
Any previous exposure to the following will be highly regarded:
- HTML, CSS, JSON, XML, web analytics and/or web services
- SQL, data management
- Data visualisation and BI tools (Tableau, Data Studio, Excel, DOMO)
- SOAP and/or RESTful APIs
- PHP, Perl, Python or other programming languages
- Push Notifications or SMS gateways
- Google, Tealium, Salesforce and Pega products
- Adobe Experience Cloud Solutions (E.g. Adobe Experience Platform, Campaign, Analytics, Target, Audience Manager, or other marketing automation and optimisation tools)
- Email delivery metrics, sender reputation and the DNS
Feel like you meet most, but perhaps not all the criteria listed? We would still like to receive your application, as whilst we have specific requirements in mind, we can look at how we could possibly bridge the gaps. Apply today and take the first step toward not just another job but a possible whole new career at SBS!
Not just the benefits but some of the reasons to consider working with us
- Our people! A genuine sense of feeling included! We truly celebrate and welcome difference! We are one of the most inclusive companies in Australia!
- The culture and the engagement of our workforce! We are proud to have an employee engagement score of 82% with low levels of employee turnover.
- A recognised, trusted and established brand we have been broadcasting for over 40 years, and we’re not done yet!
- We offer a range of benefits from, health care checks, salary packaging, Employee Assistance Programme, flexible work arrangements, and gym membership!
SBS also recognises that everyone is unique, and you might require some adjustments to ensure you have the best opportunity to apply and put your skills forward for consideration. If we can make some adjustments to the SBS recruitment/interview process to better enable you to shine, please contact email@example.com and let us know. Adjustments may include but are not limited to; alternative application methods, interview setup, physical requirements, guidance for trans or gender diverse applicants, specific interview availability times and more
Not quite the right role for you? No problems, then how about popping your detail into our talent pool, let us know what roles would be of interest to you and we will keep you informed of when those roles do arise! firstname.lastname@example.org (If you no longer want to be listed in our talent pool, then just send us an email to the same address and we will remove your details).
SBS acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia.