SBS is one of the world's most unique and innovative media organisations, producing trusted, meaningful and engaging content that exists for all Australians to inspire, support and celebrate the diversity of our multicultural society.
At SBS, we embrace difference and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people. We want your vibrancy, language, culture, experiences, and abilities to brighten our halls, light up our screens and further strengthen our teams!
About the role
News doesn’t stop and neither do we! Reporting to the Manager, Compliance and Rostering Best Practice, this role will see you partner with our divisional rostering stakeholders, to create, apply and maintain Master Rosters that adhere to statutory and enterprise requirements, whilst creating amazing employee experiences through optimised and flexible staff work patterns.
The main responsibilities include :
- Providing expert advice, guidance and central governance to rostering stakeholders on complex rostering issues.
- Creating master rosters that reflect the needs of the business, which ensure appropriate resources are allocated efficiently and adhere to WH&S and Enterprise Agreement obligations.
- Analysing and reporting on business trends and compliance, including overtime, allowances, leave, and shift patterns to identify and implement rostering improvement opportunities.
- A rostering professional looking to support robust rostering processes in a public broadcast operation that runs 24/7 365 days a year, with extensive experience with Enterprise Agreements.
- A passion for rostering and strong stakeholder management skills to find solutions for the business, whilst ensuing compliance with enterprise requirements and health and safety.
- Comfortable continuously flexing in the face of the constantly changing external and internal environment, running with the pace of the business and delivering on multiple simultaneous priorities.
- Experience in developing master rosters templates across a diverse range of organisational divisions in an operational environment, using relevant rostering software such as TANDA.
- The ability to become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on our Enterprise Agreement where you will assist the business as an accurate source of information and best rostering practice.
Not just the benefits but some of the reasons to consider working with us
- The people! a genuine sense of feeling included (we truly celebrate and welcome difference!) and being part of one of the most inclusive companies in Australia!
- The culture and the engagement of our workforce, we are proud to have an employee engagement score of 82% with low levels of employee turnover.
- A brand that is not only recognisable but trusted and established, we have been broadcasting for over 40 years and we’re not done yet!
- We offer a range of benefits from, health care checks, salary packaging, Employee Assistance Programme, flexible work arrangements and for our Sydney based employee’s free gym membership!
- We also love to promote from within! we have allocated funds to do just that and help with training gaps when moving from role to role.
- Want to learn more? Then hit apply and take the first step to applying for not just another job but a possible whole new career!
Not quite the right role for you? No problems, then how about popping your detail into our talent pool, let us know what roles would be of interest to you and we will keep you informed of when those roles do arise! firstname.lastname@example.org. (If you no longer want to be listed in our talent pool, then just send us an email to the same address and we will remove your details).
SBS also recognises that everyone is unique, and you might require some adjustments to ensure you have the best opportunity to apply and put your skills forward for consideration. If we can make some adjustments to the SBS recruitment/interview process to better enable you to shine, please contact email@example.com and let us know. Adjustments may include but are not limited to; alternative application methods, interview setup, physical requirements, guidance for trans or gender diverse applicants, specific interview availability times and more
SBS acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia.