SBS is one of the world's most unique and innovative media organisations, producing trusted, meaningful and engaging content that exists for all Australians to inspire, support and celebrate the diversity of our multicultural society.
At SBS, we embrace difference and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people. We want your vibrancy, language, culture, experiences, and abilities to brighten our halls, light up our screens and further strengthen our teams!
An integral member of the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team for SBS, the Senior FP&A Business Partner is focused on supporting the business to manage our finances, track our financial performance and provide guidance in strategic decision making across the business. This role works closely with the Finance team, Strategy team, P&C team and Divisional operational teams to support the delivery of financial advice to various internal and external stakeholders. The position also assists with the preparation of corporation-wide reports for the SBS Board and Management.
Reporting into the Group Financial Planning & Reporting Manager, the main responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead the development of financial plans, budgets and forecasts for business areas against their stated strategy
- Undertake financial analysis to provide informative updates to key stakeholders including monthly variance analysis
- Maximise SBS’s financial planning and analysis capabilities in partnership with other internal and external partners
- Assist in the preparation of high-quality management reports including to the Executive Management and the SBS Board
- Provide ad-hoc support through representation, analysis and reporting on key internal projects and strategic initiatives that require attention or input from the team
- Analyse and report on financial issues and trends for Divisions and Cost Centres on both a regular and ad hoc basis
- Effectively communicate and liaise with management within the Divisions and Finance regarding Divisional resource management issues.
- Support the Group Financial Planning & Analysis Manager in ad hoc requests
- Fully qualified CPA/CA, with experience in a budgeting and forecasting role, with a thorough understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Demonstrated financial analysis expertise and the ability to advise and make recommendations on budget management issues.
- Hands-on experience in Resource and Budget Management, with an understanding of budget processes and financial management reporting.
- Ability to work with a Financial Management System and help prepare clear financial reports to management. (Experience with systems such as TM1 and Oracle highly advantageous)
- Proven ability to support managers in a positive manner to ensure deadlines are met and organisational finances are managed in accordance with contemporary financial practices
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated skills and abilities in communicating effectively with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and departments
- Strong collaboration, relationship building and stakeholder management capability
- Initiative - able to originate action, seize opportunities and actively influence events to achieve desired outcomes
Not just the benefits but some of the reasons to consider working with us
- The people! a genuine sense of feeling included (we truly celebrate and welcome difference!) and being part of one of the most inclusive companies in Australia!
- The culture and the engagement of our workforce, we are proud to have an employee engagement score of 82% with low levels of employee turnover.
- A brand that is not only recognisable but trusted and established, we have been broadcasting for over 40 years and we’re not done yet!
- We offer a range of benefits from, health care checks, salary packaging, Employee Assistance Programme, flexible work arrangements and for our Sydney based employee’s free gym membership!
- We also love to promote from within! we have allocated funds to do just that and help with training gaps when moving from role to role.
- Want to learn more? Then hit apply and take the first step to applying for not just another job but a possible whole new career!
Not quite the right role for you? No problems, then how about popping your detail into our talent pool, let us know what roles would be of interest to you and we will keep you informed of when those roles do arise! email@example.com. (If you no longer want to be listed in our talent pool, then just send us an email to the same address and we will remove your details).
SBS also recognises that everyone is unique, and you might require some adjustments to ensure you have the best opportunity to apply and put your skills forward for consideration. If we can make some adjustments to the SBS recruitment/interview process to better enable you to shine, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. Adjustments may include but are not limited to; alternative application methods, interview setup, physical requirements, guidance for trans or gender diverse applicants, specific interview availability times and more.
SBS acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia